Previous: Faults and Diagnostics
The NCCS must support the detection, triggering, broadcasting and
logging of alarms.
The present system supports alarms in the following way :
- alarms can be triggered directly by an observing program
(by switching a bit),
- standard alarms patterns i.e. slow (STEER alarm), fast (OBS alarm),
continuous (CPU alarm),
- alarms can be triggered via a watchdog timer (different time constants
supported are 5s, 19m, 38m, 1h16m and infinity).
The NCCS must provide the above alarms.
In addition to the above requirements the NCCS must provide :
- a log of all alarms which keeps track of the time and origin
of when they occurred,
- support for the present buzzer alarm,
- a synthesised voice alarm (in addition to the present buzzer alarm)
which is linked up to the public address (PA) system and which
also phones the appropriate staff member on duty,