HartRAO Home >
Spectra Contents >
Spectroscopy withthe 26m telescope
Spectral Line Observing with the 26m telescope at Hartebeesthoek
This section provides the basic parameters for planning
spectroscopic observations at Hartebeesthoek. Three tables are given for
each receiver that can be used for spectroscopy:
- Table 1: The basic characteristics of the receiver.
- Table 2: The lines observable with this receiver.
- Table 3: For each correlator bandwidth, the corresponding:
- radial velocity range for position-switched
If frequency-switching is used the range is 50% greater.
- spectral resolution for unsmoothed
- minimum rms noise in the spectrum in Kelvins and
Janskys. This is derived from the radiometer sensitivity equation
with the parameters relevant to the HartRAO correlator.
Receiver systems used for spectroscopy